Eggimo Empire

Even Eggs Evolve

Saturday, September 08, 2007

lets wait

Sam. A successful businessman. A man with everything he wanted. A happy family consisting a beautiful wife and two kids, Nicole and Nicolet. A new BMW he bought just last month from his raise. A big house with a seaside view. A happy man is he in the eyes of the world! A man chasing his dreams.

Is he really happy?

Sam. He works 9 to 5 every single day excluding overtime. Even on Sundays he has to fulfill appointments with clients. When his daughters approach him regarding school projects or the amount of A's they scored, his reply would be "Not now kids. I do not have the time. Maybe tomorrow alright?". When he return home, he would be too tired to even pat his beloved wife on the head. It has been long since he last kissed his wife or his kids. A family that went through countless nights without their daddy on the table for dinner. But in the name of trying to give them the best, he worked and worked. Pouring all he had into a sand castle.

How long will it last?

Sam. His beautiful wife now living in her mother's with Nicole and Nicolet. His company went bankrupt. His position, salary, everything he worked for, blown away like the sand in the wind. His car tolled away and his big house went on mortgage to clear heaps of debts. His friends left him(as if he didn't see this one coming). His dreams now seemed like a nightmare.

Is he really alone?

Sam. When he was young he was a church going boy. Whenever he was lonely he would call upon his best friend Jesus. When something good happens he would tell Jesus. When some big kid bullies him, he would run home and cry to Jesus asking for help. When he is free, he would read the bible and have conversations with Jesus.

Will it stay only in the pass?

Sam. He is crying alone at night. He remembered his childhood days and searched for his old bible. He hugged the book tightly in front of his chest and started praying. He started crying out for forgiveness. He seek for help. He wants to speak to his old friend again. He fell asleep soon after.

The end?

Sam. Woke up with the sun shinning bright in his face. Was about to leave the house and look for a job when he noticed a letter slipped under the door. With no address or sender's name, it is a really odd looking envelope. With no friends, he wondered if the letter was from his wife. Wrote with a unfamiliar handwriting, the letter read:

Dear Sam,
I missed you. I was hurt when you have forgotten me and went on sailing with your own strength! I was even more hurt when you decided to not listen to my voice anymore. After your 17th birthday you have given up on me but I havn't. Every night I have been trying to ask how your day is. I even screamed and shouted but it appears my voice is far too soft and too distant for you to hear. Yes yes, I know. I am all knowing! I should know how your day is! But... I just want to have a little conversation with the one I love. It sounds better coming out from your mouth.

On your wedding day, remember the white dove that landed on the table in front of you when you are exchanging rings? That was me! You thought I would not care about your wedding day didn't you? Why did I go as a dove huh? Because I could not talk to you anymore. Even if I congratulated, you would not hear me. There has been many countless times I tried to warn you too. At work when your colleagues were plotting something or when your company is going bankrupt! At home when your wife is feeling lonely and your kids are crying for daddy's attention!

The sheep recognizes the shepherd's voice. Remember my voice my dear child. Let me tell you a good news! I do not sleep. I watch over you day and night. I look forward for a conversation with you.

With an unconditional love,
Your best friend Jesus.

Sam. Tears flowing down his face. He knows he has found something he lost. With a voice still sore from the night's crying and yelling he said:

"I know You never sleeps. But if You get bored, I am still awake. Lets chat."

1 Comments:

Blogger eggimo said...

this post is so loooong!
btw some credits goes to my friend Silas!
some stuff he said inspired me!

3:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home