Eggimo Empire

Even Eggs Evolve

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Cliff

I do not know where to start. Maybe I will start with a brief introduction of myself. I am about eighteen years old or so. I do not know exactly how tall I am, I know I am really tall. Everyone have to raise their heads to look at me. I do not have a roof over my head except for the sky. All I do the whole time is just to stand straight. It may sound boring to you but for me, it is a very important job.

I love the day light and the sun. It makes me feel safe and warm. Birds would chirp, fishes leap from and back into the waters. The night is something I do not look forward to. It is scary to be standing in the dark. Everywhere is pitch black and creepy weird sound coming from every direction. The worst that could happen were thunder storms in the night. The strong wind would use all its might to try to blow me away with its strength. The rain would try to erode me away with its water. Don’t worry, I am not a weakling! Such small weak forces would not bring me down! Maybe by the end of it, i would have a scratch but it would go away after awhile.

Do not get me wrong. Even when I said I am no weakling, it is still a tiring thing to stand on that cliff and brave through nature’s vermin. There were countless times of me thinking of just lay down and give up on my job. If I follow through that idea, I could predict disasters.

Yes, regarding my job. My job is to hold onto the ground I am standing on and allow the shiny thing on my head to guide those who could not see where they were heading in the night. Now you maybe wondering what the ‘shiny thing’ is but even I no idea. It has been with me the whole time without leaving my side but how it shines is still a mystery to me even till this day. Well, there is no need to be bothered on how it works, if that ‘thing’s’ know how it functions is enough.

That concludes stuff about me. Oh how forgetful of me for not mentioning my name at the start. My name is Lighthouse.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey..
yet another good story!
and yep! be a lighthouse to the many ppl ard u ya? God's lighthouse. :)

3:33 AM  
Blogger Silas.T said...

haha, simple and pleasant...

5:33 PM  
Blogger Silas.T said...

haha, simple and pleasant...

5:33 PM  
Blogger Kimberly David said...

U hv a talent there Nic! Very unique style of writing... like there's so much deeper meaning to ur posts... Hahahaa! ^^

9:58 PM  
Blogger eggimo said...

thank you ppl! =)
argh i can only reply like after one week all thanks to army.

2:09 AM  
Blogger Franklin... said...

woohoo another nice piece of literature=)

12:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good job!

4:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home